Buttons


Home       Tutorials       Privacy

Saturday 20 December 2014

Christmas Sleigh

Morning everyone,

Did you all have a good week? I broke up from school yesterday yay, so it's time to relax and look forward to Christmas. We are completely ready for Christmas apart from a bit of cleaning that needs doing. We are spending Christmas day at home with our eldest son and then the whole family are driving to Lincolnshire on Boxing day to spend a few days with my parents which I am really looking forward to.

As promised I am popping in today to share what I have made the boys this year. It took quite a bit of time as I have made them one each, but I'm quite pleased with how they have turned out. Sorry in advance, but this post is picture heavy.


The poinsettia has been placed on top of some natural fibre and I've added some snowballs, fir cones and fir branches.


The card was painted with Serene Chalky Paint and then I had a happy accident. I wanted to use Crackle paint, but picked up the wrong pot and covered the paint with stickles. So I painted the crackle paint over the top and I really like the effect, unfortunately the photo doesn't show the texture up very well. The edges have been painted with white Gesso.


The snowflakes and Reindeer dies are by Noor Design. The snowflakes have had Frantage  sprinkled over them and the Reindeer have had a little Gesso painted on them. 


I've just added some pom, pom trim here.


The sleigh is now filled with chocolates.


I hope you like it.

Well that just leaves me to wish you all a Merry Christmas, I hope you have a wonderful time and Santa brings you what you wished for.

 I would also like to say a big thank you for all your lovely comments this year, they always make my day.

Take care.

Hugs
Gina xx

11 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Gina! I know just what I want to do for our son and girlfriend next year! I need that template! Haha. But then you knew I would! ( I like the word NEED! don't you! lol) Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning project Gina. Love the colour and your wonderful detail. Have a fabulous Christmas and looking forward to seeing your creations in 2015,
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Gina, you have outdone yourself, this looks totally awesome and I'm sure the boys loved them. I think it would make a wonderful centre piece for a Christmas table too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Gina, l bet these will come out on show for many christmas's to come x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Gina!! This is awesome! Your boys will go crazy!! Love all the pretty details and the choice of colors.... Blue is gorgeous with natural beige!

    Happy Holidays!
    Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous creation Gina, love that sleigh, and the soft blue looks gorgeous
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see that a lot of work went in to this beautiful sleigh Gina, I'm sure your boys were very pleased to receive them.
    Hope you have a lovely Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a fab gift idea Gina, I bet they did take a long time to make, they are fantastic!!! Have a wonderful Christmas and Boxing day onwards with all of your family!!! All the best for the New Year.
    Take care, Cuddles Jay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous idea and you have done a beautiful job here...gorgeous!
    hugs
    Elly P x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Sleigh Idea and bet it looked great on the table!

    ReplyDelete