Buttons


Home       Tutorials       Privacy

Sunday 6 November 2016

New Card Challenge at the Ribbon Girl - LOTV Christmas Flowers

Good morning my lovelies,

I hope you are having a lovely weekend. I went to the craft fair at the NEC yesterday so I am recovering from sore feet, but I had a wonderful time, there weren't as many of the big named companies there, and it didn't seem so busy this year, but that meant you could get to the stands more easily and actually see the goodies.  I spent far too much money, but hey ho what else is a girl to do when they are shouting buy me???  

Anyway, this morning we have a new card challenge at Ribbon Girl


 The challenge is 'Anything Goes', any theme, any shape as long as it's a card.


I have coloured a new stamp from LOTV called Christmas Flowers with distress ink reinkers, most of my cards this year seem to be non-traditional colours, I didn't set out to do that, it just happened. I saw that the Ribbon Girl had some lovely new flowers in which were perfect to use and from them I knew exactly what colour I wanted to use for the main colour. I finished the image off by sprinkling some white frantage to give the look of falling snow and some glamour dust for the lying snow.

I cut the shape of the card using a Spellbinders oval die and added some ice crystals from a Joy die. The papers are by Maja, not that you can see them lol, I cut three layers and painted some gesso around the edges. Tucked underneath the second layer is some beautiful medium white pom pom trim. The Lilac flowers are new to shop, I added some white gesso around the edges of the petals, The magnolia flower has had some twinklets added to it to give it some sparkle and a frosty look. Then to finish of the flower spray I added a couple of pink beaded cherries.

I have used two different laces, Charlotte Elizabeth vintage lace and White Frilled lace and the ribbon I used for the bow is Pale Fuschia plain sheer.

Attached to one of the pom poms is a beautiful diamante star charm.


DI list:

Skin: Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick
Hair: Walunt Stain, Antique Linen
Coat and Boots: Victorian Velvet
Scarf: Victorian velvet, Hickory Smoke
Poinsettias: Victorian Velvet
Leaves: Fores Moss, Shabby Shutters, Pine Needles
Berries: Aged Mahogany

We have THREE very generous prizes for this challenge:

First Prize:
Papers from Maja Design Sweden - the prize will be sent directly to the winner.

Second Prize:
A £10 voucher towards a shopping spree at the Ribbon Girl
Third Prize:
A stamp of the winners choice from LOTV


My teamies have made some gorgeous cards, so if you have a moment, pop over and take a look.

That's it from me today, enjoy the rest of your day whatever you are doing.

Thank you for popping in.

Hugs
Gina xx

6 comments:

  1. So very pretty Gina!
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Gina, gorgeous embellishments and a wonderfully coloured image. Glad you had a great time at the NEC.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Gina. Beautiful embellished and fantastic colouring! hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning colour combination Gina, I am loving those new scrummy flowers from WOC!!! Your pom poms and little star bling look fabulous as part of your great design!!
    Big crafty cuddles Jay xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning embellishments and beautifully coloured image Gina.
    I love how you have decorated the pom pom trim around the image. They look like snow balls. The layout is perfect too.
    Another beautiful Christmas card filled with crafting loveliness.
    Hugs, Donna xx

    ReplyDelete