Buttons


Home       Tutorials       Privacy

Sunday 1 January 2017

Happy New Year!! - New Card Challenge at the Ribbon Girl

Good morning everyone,

Happy New Year!! I hope it will be a happy, healthy, and prosperous year for you all and I hope that not too many of you are nursing hangovers this morning😉.

Did you all have a fab  Christmas? mine was fairly busy, but I spent some quality time with my family. I hope you Santa bought you a few new crafty bits and pieces to play with.

A big thank you to everyone that popped in, sent me messages and left me comments last year, I really appreciate them and at times it has kept me going.

So on with the task in hand as we have a new card challenge at the Ribbon Girl, this is any design, any shape any image as long as it is card.  

I have stamped up an old Saturated Canary image called 'Nikki'. She has been coloured with distress reinkers. 

The papers are absolutely lush, they are by Lemoncraft and are called Heart Painted. My absolute favourite colours are pink and grey and they fit the bill perfectly!

All the beautiful embellishments are from the Ribbon Girl 

DI list:
Skin: Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick
Hair: Walnut Stain, Antique Linen
Pink: Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar
Grey Hickory Smoke, Black Soot

For Christmas my lovely hubby bought me so foamiran, stamens, dies and the tool set for shaping the flowers (all available from the Ribbon Girl), you can see the results above. I have used the pink and white foamiran, tucked behind the white flower is another flower which started off white, but I have applied some Victorian Velvet distress ink from a stamp pad to the tips of the petals.

Here is the link for the white foamiran as I am unable to link in the usual way at the bottom:

http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/white-foamiran-sheet-p-2917.html

For this challenge we have THREE stunning prizes:

First Prize:
First prize:  Papers from Maja Design, Sweden - the prize will be sent directly to the winner


Second Prize:
£10 voucher towards a shopping spree at The Ribbon Girl
Third prize:
 A stamp of the winner's choice from LOTV


That's all from me today, enjoy the rest of your day whatever you are doing.

Thank you for popping in.

Take care.

Hugs
Gina xx

13 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Gina and what a gorgeous card to start it off! really lovely and your foam flowers are perfect :-) Mary xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Gina. Stunning image, lovely soft colour palette and detail. Sending every good wish for 2017.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year to you and yours Gina!love the beautiful card and your flowers. But I'm not even looking at the foamiran just yet - I've got got enough crafty stash & don't want to get tempted by anything else lol!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Gina, love it
    Happy New year to you to
    Hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweetie omword this is divine in every single way....as always shug. I love this image & your colouring on her is fantastic....love the pink.
    Loving your foamiran flowers they are lush. I made some when it first came out & still havnt used them all & have neglected it all since....I know shame on me as its fabulous stuff.
    Glad to hear you had a lovely christmas hun & time with family is the best bit.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful card Gina! Love your flowers, and a very Happy New Year to you. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Gina .
    Gorgeous card ,Beautiful colors I love this .
    Greetings Doris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Gina!
    Loving the new blog style and layout. What a fabulous card to kick off with too. I love the image and agree that pink and grey is a wonderful colour combo and that it is gorgeous here alongside such fabulous embellishments. I hope 2017 continues well for you.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Gina, your card is super gorgeous and your colouring of Nikki is perfect.
    I love your choice of die cuts and those Foamiran flowers are to die for!
    Another card filled with pretty crafting adornmemt.
    happy New Year!
    Hugs, Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I made it still loving your blog and your cards are still as stunning as ever. I love those flowers will be off to check them out. Hope you had a lovely Christmas and hoping 2017 is filled with lots of Amazing and good things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year Gina! Wishing you all the best for 2017!

    oh wooooooowie, I looooooove your card, absolutely lush it is! Many, many stunning details to look at. Beautifully coloured!
    xoxo, Ally

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!!!! love this hunny, loving your new blog look too, speak soon, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, love her in pink! :) xx

    ReplyDelete