Buttons


Home       Tutorials       Privacy

Monday 27 April 2020

A Criss Cross Card with Helga Hippo Flower Girl and Pretty Dies

Good morning,

I hope you all had a good weekend. The weather here in the south of the U.K. has been absolutely gorgeous for the past couple of weeks, I have done so much in the garden and just seeing the sun shining cheers me up.

Anyway on with the task in hand. I am popping in to share some more Polkadoodles inspiration with you. Over the Easter holidays, I had a bit more time to play and made a criss cross card, which I really enjoyed making, in fact I got a bit carried away and have made a few now.

Links the products I have used are below each picture of my card, just click on a picture to be taken directly to the product.


I have coloured up the very cute Helga Hippo Flower Girl, she is such a delight to colour. The grey skin tones were coloured with Zig Water colour pens and the dress, hat and flowers with distress reinkers. The speckles around the outside of the image is shabby white frantage which has been heated from underneath with a heat gun. Although the white is not in stock at the moment, the shabby pink would look amazing on this card.



I printed Helga onto Artistico extra white water colour paper and cut the square shape with one of the Posydoodles square dies before colouring her.

Colour list:
Skin: 902 (Natural Grey), 096 (Mid Grey), 091 (Light Grey) (Zigs)
Cheeks: Worn Lipstick (distress reinker)
Dress and Hat: Bundled Sage (distress reinker)
Bow and Flowers: 200 (Almond Pink (Zig), Victorian Velvet (distress reinker)
Leaves: Froest Moss, Shbby Shutters (distress reinkers)

 Helga Hippo Flower Girl  Posydoodles Basics - Squares dies  Shabby Pink Embossing Powder

I used papers from two paper pads for this card. The pink paper is from Timesless Rose and the green from Blushing Blooms.

Timeless Rose - 6 x 6" Paper Pack  Blushing Blooms Paper Pad

The flower flourish dies are absolutely beautiful and come in a set of three different sizes. I have also added some of the gorgrous sprigs cut from the Super Sprigs die.



Flower Flourish die set Super Sprigs Die


I have just got my hands on the Super Sentiments stamp set, you can do so many things with this brilliant set. I have cut out two of the banner dies from the Posydoodles Tag set and stamped two of the sentiments onto each banner.


 Super Sentiments Stamp Set Posydoodles Basics - Tags dies

For the removable insert, I cut out the Squarely Swirly Hearts die and printed the sentiment from Winnie Celebrations Kit 1 download.


Squarey Swirly Hearts die Winnie Celebrations 1 sentiments - digi scrap kit download digital stamps

That's all from me today.

Thank you for popping in.

Hugs
Gina xx

I am a member of several Design Teams, please note that all my ideas and views are my own. I participate in an affiliate program for Polkadoodles products which means that I earn a small commission when products are purchased through the links I post here (at no additional cost to you). I use this money to buy more crafting goodies. If you like any of the products I post, I would be be very grateful if you would support me through clicking the links when you shop, just click on one of the pictures to be taken to the product.
Thank you😊

4 comments:

  1. Just adorable Gina, love the Hippo Flower Girl.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ....so sweet , Gorgeous card Gina!
    Hugs Doris x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hippotastic! Beautifully crafted and embellished as always, with a lovely colour palette 🎨 xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super sweet Gina, I love the cute Hippo image and wonderful array of pearls, trimmings and embellishments you have incorporated in to your design.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete