Buttons


Home       Tutorials       Privacy

Monday 25 May 2020

Create an Easel Card using Prismacolor Pencils and Dies

Hi everyone,

Happy Bank Holiday Monday. It is forecast to be another beautiful day here in the south of the U.K, I hope it is wherever you are. 

Today I am sharing another Polkadoodles card to hopefully inspire you.

This week I have stamped up the very elegant Primrose stamp from the Darling Buds collection (she is also available as a black and white digis), but this time I have coloured her with Prismacolor pencils, I haven't coloured with pencils for years, so you will have to excuse my colouring.




I stamped her onto kraft card, sorry I don't know the make of it, but it was a little dark when it came to colouring the skin, I think I would prefer a lighter shade of kraft. I personally don't think the skin turned out very well. I didn't use any solvent to blend the colours, I used the burnishing techique which involes layering different shades of coloured pencils. To begin with I lightly covered the area with the lightestest colour pencils and then started adding the darker colours to add more depth, but each time I would go back over with the lightest shade over the top.

Colour list:
Skin: 945, 947, 948, 1080
Hair: 947, 1085,1094
Dress: 901, 903, 919,1027, 1103
Flowers: 993, 994, 1018
Leaves: 912, 989, 1091

To finish off, I sprinkled on some shabby white frantage around the outside of the image.

Frantage Shabby White Embossing Enamel by Stampendous

The papers I used are from the Eden Jane Plain Paper 1 and Eden Jane Paper 3 digis collection.

 

To create the pretty trellis on each side of the card, I die cut the oval trellis die onto brown card, just once and cut it in half. I dipped it into my clear versamark stamp pad, sprinkled it with shabby pink frantage and heat set it with my heat gun.



Oval Trellis Die Frantage Shabby Pink Embossing Enamel by Stampendous


I die cut the leaves using the super sprigs die and left over scraps from the blue paper, and tucked them under the flowers.



That's all from me today.

Thank you for popping in.

Take care and stay safe.

Hugs
Gina xx









3 comments:

  1. This is just outstanding. Love your colouring.
    Hugs Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....Gorgeous Gina!
    Nice effect with the embossing, lovely colors.
    Hugs Doris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a stunning design Gina.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete